[asterisk-users] Passing Variables to Voicemail's Email Notification

0xception 0xception at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 20:25:21 CDT 2007

Is there a way, other then recoding the entire voicemail application, to
pass dialplan variables to the voicemail application and to the email
notifications of new voicemail.

For example in our small tech support queue i would like to pass the ticket
number with the email notification that a new support voicemail was left.
I've tried simply replacing the ${VM_WHATEVER} w/ the actual variable name
inside the voicemail.conf file, I've also tried setting the VM variables
directly before the voicemail application call in the dial plan... both of
these fail.

Anyone else know of another way?