[asterisk-users] Disabling Asterisk Authentication

Keshav K. kesh.keshav at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 13:17:58 CDT 2007

comment the line secret=201 or 202
  Then it'll not ask for 401Autherization.

  Regards,
  Kesh

Kutman.DK at forces.gc.ca wrote:
  Hello,

I have a small LAN network connected through an Asterisk Server. When I try to make a call between two of the user pc's on this network I get a "401 Unauthorized" error.
Would anyone know how to remove the Asterisk Authorization/Authentication? I am not sure if this can be done with an entry into the sip.conf file, or by other means.

My sip.conf file is shown below:

; do not edit this file, this is an auto-generated file by freepbx
; all modifications must be done from the web gui
[201]
type=friend
secret=201
record_out=Adhoc
record_in=Adhoc
qualify=yes
port=5060
nat=yes
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
dial=SIP/201
context=from-internal
canreinvite=no
callerid=device <201>

[202]
type=friend
secret=202
record_out=Adhoc
record_in=Adhoc
qualify=yes
port=5060
nat=yes
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
dial=SIP/202
context=from-internal
canreinvite=no
callerid=device <202>

Thanks very much,

Denis Kutman

Regards,
Kesh
" Lets change the future...lets change the world."