[asterisk-users] Quick DUNDi Poll Questions, For All Asterisk, Users, Please Give Feedback

Matthew Brothers matthew at brothersfamily.net
Mon Aug 20 08:26:00 CDT 2007

>> I wouldn't exactly say that it is too difficult but that the target
>> > audience for the default examples is not the average person/entity
>> > that could make use of the power inherent with DUNDi.  When an
>> > average * user/admin wants to use DUNDi they will want to start out
>> > small and local rather than worry about all of the intricacies of
>> > the e164 standard.  It is much easier, in my opinion, to learn the
>> > power of DUNDi on a simple level and scale that up to a more
>> > globally connected platform.
>
> I'd say that duni.conf is a reference, and you expect it to be an
> introductory document. A reference should be comprehensive. It is best
> used after you've grasped the basic concepts, and together with a text
> search. Asterisk's "sample" configuration files actually serve a role
> of a reference.

The config files can be both a reference and an introduction.  Look
at sip.conf.  Most of the examples in that file are relatively
simple, what you would expect for a beginner to set up most of the
time.  There are also some more complex examples in that file.
Lastly, the sip.conf file has a good section that explains pretty
much any option that could be used in sip.conf.  We should strive to
make all of the conf files similar to sip.conf and iax.conf.

I don't disagree with you that a separate intro document is needed
but there is no reason that the conf files could not serve a broader
purpose.

Matthew Brothers