[asterisk-users] Disabling Asterisk Authentication

Kutman.DK at forces.gc.ca Kutman.DK at forces.gc.ca
Mon Aug 20 08:24:28 CDT 2007

Hello,

I have a small LAN network connected through an Asterisk Server.  When I try to make a call between two of the user pc's on this network I get a "401 Unauthorized" error.
Would anyone know how to remove the Asterisk Authorization/Authentication?  I am not sure if this can be done with an entry into the sip.conf file, or by other means.

My sip.conf file is shown below:

; do not edit this file, this is an auto-generated file by freepbx
; all modifications must be done from the web gui
[201]
type=friend
secret=201
record_out=Adhoc