[asterisk-users] Nokia cell connected to Asterisk

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Mon Aug 20 06:33:16 CDT 2007

Well chan_bluetooth is really amazing (especially if your phone does not
support SIP).

You connect your phone via bluetooth to your asterisk box and it becomes
a channel type.  You can use it as an extension(FXS) or a phone line
(FXO).  I believe you can send and receive SMS through the
phone/Asterisk as well.

Chan_bluetooth README is in the asterisk-addons trunk and gives you
basic instruction on setting it up.

You get several added pieces of functionality with this setup.  SMS send
and receive through your phone using Asterisk?, FXO failover or LCR, FXS
where your cell phone becomes an extension.

Thanks,
Steve