[asterisk-users] Quick DUNDi Poll Questions, For All Asterisk, Users, Please Give Feedback

Matthew Brothers matthew at brothersfamily.net
Sun Aug 19 20:00:33 CDT 2007

> Questions:
>
> 1. Is the wiki DUNDi example and the dundi.conf file too difficult to
> follow for new users?

I wouldn't exactly say that it is too difficult but that the target
audience for the default examples is not the average person/entity
that could make use of the power inherent with DUNDi.  When an
average * user/admin wants to use DUNDi they will want to start out
small and local rather than worry about all of the intricacies of
the e164 standard.  It is much easier, in my opinion, to learn the
power of DUNDi on a simple level and scale that up to a more
globally connected platform.

> 2. Does the complexity of the DUNDi setup discourage you from using it
> or even attempting to configure it?

I don't see this as the case.  Most people who use * are comfortable
with the level of complexity that is present in DUNDi, they just
don't know where to start.

> 3. If there was a simple tutorial, step by step guide with easy to
> setup and test examples, would this encourage more users to
> investigate and use DUNDi?

Absolutely.  If you need any help in putting this together or if you
simply need people to review a tutorial, I would be glad to assist.

> I'm interested in putting together a new-user tutorial about DUNDi
> configuration and setup.  There is a lot of great information, setup
> guides already but the feedback I get is that the current examples are
> a bit complicated to follow for new users.

Thank you for being a part of the conference last Friday.  Your
participation is greatly appreciated.

Matthew Brothers