[asterisk-users] RAW asterisk!

Bill Andersen andersen at mwdental.com
Thu Aug 16 17:11:12 CDT 2007

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> Out of curiosity, what's the GUI you are currently using and what do you
> feel are it's limitations?

It is a commercial product called "Evolution PBX"
by Intuitive Voice Technology (IVT).  I don't want to imply
I'm unhappy with it, because I like it better than any
of the commercial products I've tried.  I first bought
a Fonality system and within 5 months converted it over
to Evolution because IVT had partnered with a company
to provide a HUD type product called IView.  HUD won't
let me see presence on remote servers where IView will.

I've got 3 offices and they can all see who is on the
phone at each office using IView.

HOWEVER, IVT uses a DB (realtime?) for configuration so
I can't edit the dialplan to do some more advanced stuff.
Even if I just want to play around.  Because the second I
do anything out of the ordinary, they play the old "well,
we don't support that, so we have to charge you an extra
fee (over the annual fee) to help you when you have problems".

OK, I understand that.  But if I gotta learn how to support
myself to do advanced features, why pay them at all?  I'll
just become my own expert :()

Bill