[asterisk-users] Incoming and Outgoing zaptel configuration : ISDN30e

Rory Campbell-Lange rory at campbell-lange.net
Thu Aug 16 04:40:32 CDT 2007

We are trying to configure a Sangoma A101 card to allow both incoming
and outgoing calls on a UK (BT) ISDN30e line with only 24 channels
enabled.

At present incoming calls work fine. We can't call out -- we get a
BUSY/CONGESTED error.

Do we need another context in our zapata.conf? In other words, do we
need to reserve, say, channels 17-24 for outgoing calls? I also wonder
if the signalling type for these channels should be changed.

I would be very grateful for any comments.

Regards
Rory

zapata.conf

;autogenerated by /usr/local/sbin/config-zaptel  do not hand edit
;Zaptel Channels Configurations (zapata.conf)
;
;For detailed zapata options, view /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf.orig
;Modified by Veselin Wed Aug 15 21:13:58 BST 2007
; original saved in zapata.conf.ww

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
language=en
context=default
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=no
echocancelwhenbridged=no
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no

;Sangoma A101 port 1 [slot:3 bus:2 span: 1]
switchtype=euroisdn
context=from-pstn
group=0
signalling=pri_cpe