[asterisk-users] FW: The trixbox Revolution Continues! Sign up forthe Webinar.

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Fri Aug 10 21:31:05 CDT 2007

 Not to SPAM their unveiling, but I do enjoy reading the trixbox forums as
well, and here was part of a message that Kerry posted about the new product.

-quoting kerryg-

trixbox Pro is NOT simply a different support/release model for CE like many
other open source projects do, trixbox Pro is something unlike anything you
have seen so far. It is a major departure from the CE family. It has a LOT of
benefits for people but may not be as flexible as some people may need, and
those people will need to stay on CE. Pro is actually built on the needs and
requests from resellers who are pushing a lot of systems.

Stability. reliability, automatic updates, professional interface look,
branding, and much more.

CE simply does not fill the needs of everyone and nor will Pro, but for many
people out there building businesses around the trixbox products, you will now
have more to choose from. I have said many, many times that trixbox is about
choice, and between CE and Pro, you now will have lots more choice. There will
be people who always like CE better and those who like Pro better, again, its
a matter of choice. CE is and always will be free, and the entry level version
of Pro will be free.

-end quote-

So it sounds like it will still continue to be free, just they plan to add in
some more features if your willing to buy them.  Seems their big unveiling of
it will be just a few days away, so hopefully we will all get the full scoop
then..

---
Howard Leadmon