[asterisk-users] Paging Application - Polycom 601

Bill Andersen andersen at mwdental.com
Wed Aug 8 12:56:00 CDT 2007

Asterisk 1.2.13 - Evolution PBX from Intuitive Voice Technologies

We have an installation of 35 SIP phones (Polycom 501) and
one receptionist phone (Polycom 601).  I have 15 of the 501s
set up to accept a "Page".  From what I understand, the "Page"
is done using the asterisk page application that throws the
extensions into a conference room and then set the originating
caller to the only one who can talk.

The problem I am having is about 1 out of 25 pages will crash
the Polycom 601 (receptionist) and the phone will reboot.  This
leaves all the extensions in the conference room and each
party must hit "end call" on their phone to get out of the
conference.  However, the receptionist can't do that because
that phone restarts.  Once it has rebooted, it does not show
to be connected to the conference room.  However, I feel like
it is still "in the conference" - with no way out.

After one of these crashes, the 601 phone will start having one
way audio (can't hear caller), various other weirdness (side
car status wrong) and the only way to completely correct the
problems are to restart asterisk - which I assume kills the
"rogue" page application.

1) Has anyone ever seen this problem?
2) Is there a way from the CLI to show and kill a page?
3) Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bill