[asterisk-users] RoundRobin Holding Memory?

Anthony Francis anthonyf at rockynet.com
Wed Aug 8 15:19:27 CDT 2007

Matt wrote:
> I have a queue setup to 'roundrobin' (NOT roundrobin with memory).   I
> have three agents.  We'll call them 101, 102, and 103.
>
> When a call comes in.. I want it to always try 101 if no answer try
> 102.. if no answer try 103, etc.
> However, what it is doing is... it will ring 101... if 101 answers,
> next time a call comes in it will go to 102.  This isn't at all what I
> want.  Any ideas why it might be doing this?
>
> [551]
> wrapuptime=0
> timeout=25
> strategy=roundrobin
> retry=1
> queue-youarenext=queue-youarenext
> queue-thereare=queue-thereare
> queue-thankyou=queue-thankyou
> queue-callswaiting=queue-callswaiting
> music=default
> monitor-join=yes
> monitor-format=
> member=Local/101 at from-internal,0
> member=Local/102 at from-internal,0
> member=Local/103 at from-internal,0
> maxlen=0
> leavewhenempty=no
> joinempty=Yes
> context=
> announce-holdtime=no
> announce-frequency=60

That is actually the expected behavior, the memory part of rrmemory is
it remembers if it was unable to reach a queue member so that it can try
them again. To achieve actual circular call distribution you can add a
penalty to each number, with the penalty being higher for each later
rang agent, so in your queues.conf you would place the agents as:

101,1
102,2
103,3

And so on, this why it will always start at the agent with the lowest
penalty.

Anthony