[asterisk-users] Sangoma PRI

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Aug 6 15:11:38 CDT 2007

David Gomillion wrote:

> Last I checked, the replacement with the new firmware is only for those
> who bought the card in the last year (i.e. the card is still under
> warranty). Those of us who were early adopters cannot enjoy the
> improvements of the upgraded firmware without buying all new cards.

The standard warranty on our cards is two years, and from what I
remember (but I am software geek so I could easily be wrong) the
firmware upgrades are free within the warranty period, not including
shipping costs.

To answer Steve and the other posters: normally what happens in a
cross-ship firmware upgrade situation is that we send you a card (from
our RMA stock) with v2 firmware on it, and you send your card back to
us. When your card arrives, we verify that it works, is under warranty,
upgrade it to v2 firmware, and put it into our RMA stock. You only ever
swap cards once (you don't get your original card back unless you really
want it).

If you have contacted our RMA department in the past and not gotten an
adequate response, I would encourage you to try again. In the past few
months we have begun using SalesForce to track incoming customer
requests and I'm pretty confident every request now gets a response as
it should <G>

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies