[asterisk-users] TE120P in Canada

James FitzGibbon james.fitzgibbon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 06:54:16 CDT 2007

On 7/31/07, Klaverstyn, David C <David.Klaverstyn at intergraph.com> wrote:

>  span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

I was under the impression that ccs/hdb3 was more typical of E1 service than
T1.

I ran across this when looking up something on span syntax yesterday (from
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Zaptel.conf+span+syntax):

Framing= how to communicate with the hardware at the other end of the line.
For T1: Framing is one of *d4* or *esf*.
For E1: Framing in one of *cas* or *ccs*.

Coding= another parameter of the communication with the other end of line
hardware.
For T1: coding is one of *ami* or *b8zs*
For E1: coding is one of *ami* or *hdb3* (E1 may also need crc4)

I have NI-2 PRI service from Telus in Ontario, and my spans are set up as:

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs

And my zapata.conf reads:

switchtype=national
signalling=pri_cpe

I don't have rxwink explicitly set to anything.  I'm not a digital trunk
expert by any means, but I thought the wink/flash/start time settings were
used on trunks that don't have a dedicated signaling channel the way PRI
does.

If you leave it as pri_net, you'll probably see messages to the effect that
"I think I'm PRI_NET but so does the other end".

--
j.