[asterisk-users] TE120P in Canada

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Wed Aug 1 06:47:46 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 11:44 +1000, Klaverstyn, David C wrote:
> I’m having problems trying to get a TE120P operational in Canada.

[snip]

> I’m not sure if the span line is correct.

[snip]

> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

This would be right if you're configuring an E1 line, but since you're
in Canada you're probably running over a T1 line.  And since you're
doing PRI over T1, you span might work better if it looks like:

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs

(Although I don't see how you'd be getting no alarms on your side if the
framing and linecoding was wrong... Hmmmmn...)  Also, since you're the
CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) or PBX side of the PRI connection,
your signalling (yes, you have to misspell signaling and put two ls in
there) should be set to pri_cpe, not pri_net.  If you have it set to
pri_net, you're saying that you're the network or telco side of the
connection, and the other end is the CPE or PBX side.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager