[asterisk-users] Zaptel kernel module load order

dave cantera david.cantera at iacnet.net
Mon Apr 30 17:22:48 MST 2007

mitch,
not that I can answer your problem but is this ver 1.4.1?  I had a
similiar problem in that zapscan was updating the zaptel.conf and
nothing would work until I mucked with zaptel.conf.zapscan... I might
have the filename wrong as I have multiple files now :(...  it has
zapscan in the filename...
daveC

Mitch Jackson wrote:
> Evening,
>
> My latest asterisk box is having a difficult problem.  It is
> configured with one TE210P and TDM400P with four FXO modules.  I'm
> running FC6.
>
> The TE210P only has a single PRI.
>
> When the system boots, it is completely random what order the zaptel
> modules will get loaded in.  Sometimes zttool shows the FXO as the
> last span, sometimes as the first.  When it does load as the first,
> which happens more often, nothing will initialize properly.  When this
> happens, I have to unload all the zaptel modules, and re-load them
> over and over again, until the hardware comes up in the correct order.
> The order it is loaded is in no way related to what order I load the
> modules on the command line.  This problems makes it unlikely that
> asterisk will start properly if the system is rebooted.
>
> Is there something I can do to ensure the modules get loaded in the
> correct order?
>
> Here's my config files, if they will help...
>
> # cat /etc/zaptel.conf
> span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
> bchan=1-23
> dchan=24
> defaultzone=us
> loadzone=us
>
> span=2,1,0,esf,b8zs
> bchan=25-47
> dchan=48
> defaultzone=us
> loadzone=us
>
> fxoks=49-52
> defaultzone=us
> loadzone=us
>
> # cat /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
> [channels]
> language=en
> switchtype=national
> context=incoming
> faxdetect=none
> signalling=pri_cpe
> group=1
> echocancel=yes
> resetinterval=never
> channel => 1-23
>
> language=en
> switchtype=national
> context=incoming
> faxdetect=none
> signalling=pri_cpe
> group=3
> echocancel=yes
> resetinterval=never
> channel => 25-47
>

> signalling=fxo_ks
> usecallerid=yes
> callerid=Fidelity Reserves
> group=2
> threewaycalling=no
> context=outgoing
> channel => 49-52
>

> Thanks for any help,
>
> /Mitch

Building Strong Relationships w/ Intelligent Customer Service
--

Interlocking Business Solutions, LLC
856-380-0894 x5000