[asterisk-users] Zaptel kernel module load order

Mitch Jackson perimus at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:14:22 MST 2007

Evening,

My latest asterisk box is having a difficult problem.  It is
configured with one TE210P and TDM400P with four FXO modules.  I'm
running FC6.

The TE210P only has a single PRI.

When the system boots, it is completely random what order the zaptel
modules will get loaded in.  Sometimes zttool shows the FXO as the
last span, sometimes as the first.  When it does load as the first,
which happens more often, nothing will initialize properly.  When this
happens, I have to unload all the zaptel modules, and re-load them
over and over again, until the hardware comes up in the correct order.
 The order it is loaded is in no way related to what order I load the
modules on the command line.  This problems makes it unlikely that
asterisk will start properly if the system is rebooted.

Is there something I can do to ensure the modules get loaded in the
correct order?

Here's my config files, if they will help...

# cat /etc/zaptel.conf
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24