[asterisk-users] 100 users - voip lan security and qos ?

Steve Finkelstein sf at stevefink.net
Sun Apr 29 13:13:21 MST 2007

If you are using a cisco switch (2950, 3560, CE500, 4000, 6500, or 3750)
then you will be able to setup the phone and have the computer daisy
chained to it.

I have a similar setup on mine. Here's how I configure my switch ports
in order to achieve the desired effect:

switchport access vlan 5
switchport voice vlan 6
auto qos voip cisco-phone

This is assuming your data VLAN is configured as VLAN 5, and your VoIP
VLAN is on VLAN 6. This will allow the phone to create a trunk port and
facilitate both end nodes through one switch port.

HTH

- sf