[asterisk-users] Call prority (QUEUE_PRO) in the queues

gc gang.chen at insightbb.com
Fri Apr 27 05:51:09 MST 2007

Whenever I turn the weight option on, it locked the *.  It happens several
times a day ( abount every two to three hours). When this happen, the
incoming call can still connect to * but will not hear any music on hold. If
I issue the 'show channels' command, it shows the connected channels
continues going up and never released and eventfully * will run out of file
descriptors and completely lock the *. When this happen, I have to use
'kill -9 ' to kill * .  When I turn the weight option off, everything works
fine. I searched the web and several people have the same problem. I also
found a patch to fix this problem. Right now I am running * using this
patch. It is up and running for about 24 hours and everything looks good
right now. Some people have concern about this patch so it has never been
put into * release. Since we do really need weight option, we have no choice
but try this patch.

Gary Chen