[asterisk-users] prob with install on ubuntu linux

shawn bright nephish at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 12:07:20 MST 2007

lo there all,

i recently upgraded to ubuntu 7 (fiesty fawn) and am having a problem
with the install procedure for the zaptel modules.

i did the make ; make install and it appeared to go ok, the wctdm
module is in the list of lsmod after boot. so is the zaptel module.

however when i do an asterisk -vvvv it gives me problem about chan_zap
not being able to load.

i googled and found some references to changes made that require make
clean, however when i try to make clean in /usr/src/zaptel, it tells
me that i have a
make: *** [menuselect/menuselect] Error 2

anyone know how to fix this ?

i am using zaptel from source, and asterisk from the ubuntu repos (
which should be pretty up to date, beings this is the newest stable )

thanks for any tips. Or if anyone knows of a good current how to, i
would love to have it. I couldn't seem to find one that has been
written since asterisk went to svn instead of CVS.

thanks much.
shawn