[asterisk-users] prob with install on ubuntu linux

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Apr 26 00:46:37 MST 2007

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 02:07:20PM -0500, shawn bright wrote:
> lo there all,
>
> i recently upgraded to ubuntu 7 (fiesty fawn)  and am having a problem
> with the install procedure for the zaptel modules.

One alternative procedure:

  apt-get install zaptel zaptel-source build-essential
  m-a a-i zaptel
  echo "include '#zapata-channels.conf' >>/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
  genzaptelconf -ds

> i did the make ; make install and it appeared to go ok, the wctdm
> module is in the list of lsmod after boot. so is the zaptel module.
>
> however when i do an asterisk -vvvv it gives me problem about chan_zap
> not being able to load.

What modules do you have in your card?

What is the output of

cat /proc/zaptel/*
cat /etc/zaptel.conf

Does asterisk start at all?
If so: in the asterisk CLI: do you have any commands with 'zap'?
If so: What is the output of: 'zap show channels'?

> i googled and found some references to changes made that require make
> clean, however when i try to make clean in /usr/src/zaptel, it tells
> me that i have a
> make: *** [menuselect/menuselect] Error 2

What do you have just above it?

> anyone know how to fix this ?
>
> i am using zaptel from source, and asterisk from the ubuntu repos (
> which should be pretty up to date, beings this is the newest stable )

See the above procedure from using zaptel from a package. This will at
least work.

> thanks for any tips. Or if anyone knows of a good current how to, i
> would love to have it. I couldn't seem to find one that has been
> written since asterisk went to svn instead of CVS.

Your distro has pretty decent packages of both Asterisk and Zaptel. Use
them.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org