[asterisk-users] dialplan / problem with extension-length > 1

Michael Kamleitner michael.kamleitner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 08:47:34 MST 2007

thx for all of your suggestions... I'm learning more about asterisk every
minute :)

Barton, I tried to replace 'WaitExten' with 'Background' as you suggested,
and at first was disappointed that didn't change the behavior.

Than I tried Roberts suggestion, using 'Read' instead of 'WaitExten' - and
again was disappointed - no change, or at least it seem asterisk didn't get
every digit fo the extension, just some of them (f.e. I entered "1234",
asterisk [at the console] complained that there is no voicebox "124" etc.).

however, I've continued to experiment again and again, and strangely it
seemed to work _some_ times, even when passing 4digit-extensions. now I
think I got the solution: it seems I have to press the extension digits a
little bit longer! let's say I hold each button at least 0.5sec, everything
works great. if I do a quick dial, asterisk seems to "loose" digits.

any ideas why this might be?

looking forward to your opinions... I really start to like toying around
with asterisk :)

michael