[asterisk-users] dialplan / problem with extension-length > 1

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 22:16:10 MST 2007

>From: "Michael Kamleitner" <michael.kamleitner at gmail.com>
>Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:47:34 +0200
>
>thx for all of your suggestions... I'm learning more about asterisk every
>minute :)
>
>Barton, I tried to replace 'WaitExten' with 'Background' as you suggested,
>and at first was disappointed that didn't change the behavior.
>
>Than I tried Roberts suggestion, using 'Read' instead of 'WaitExten' - and
>again was disappointed - no change, or at least it seem asterisk didn't get
>every digit fo the extension, just some of them (f.e. I entered "1234",
>asterisk [at the console] complained that there is no voicebox "124" etc.).
>
>however, I've continued to experiment again and again, and strangely it
>seemed to work _some_ times, even when passing 4digit-extensions. now I
>think I got the solution: it seems I have to press the extension digits a
>little bit longer! let's say I hold each button at least 0.5sec, everything
>works great. if I do a quick dial, asterisk seems to "loose" digits.
>
>any ideas why this might be?

>From which channel do you make the call? (Zap? SIP?)  Looks like a DTMF
detection problem.  If ZAP, you better use longer tone.  You can try
relaxeddtmf in zapata.conf, but people generally recommend against it.  The
card you use also matters.  Heavy echo could also interfere with DTMF.

If SIP, the symptom you described would happen only to inband DTMF.  Try not
to use inband if you can help it.

Yuan Liu