[asterisk-users] dialplan / problem with extension-length > 1

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 07:58:25 MST 2007

On 4/25/07, Barton Fisher <bhfisher at icpage.com> wrote:
> Michael Kamleitner wrote:

> > I'm currently trying to implement a simple voicebox-system.
> > for demonstration purposes, I've successfully connected my cellphone
> > via bluetooth using the current chan_cellphone-patch on the current
> > SVN-version of asterisk. everything seems to work fine so far (great
> > patch!)
> >
> > what I want to achieve:
> >
> > * incoming call arrives
> > * asterisk/cellphone answers
> > * caller is greeted (playback of my-intro)
> > * caller enters an extension
> > * caller is directly forwarded to the voicemail of entered extension
> >
> > here's my dialplan for this scenario:
> >
> > [demo]
> > exten => s,1,Answer                     ; Answer the line
> > exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=5)      ; Set Digit Timeout to 5 seconds
> > exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=10)  ; Set Response Timeout to 10
> > seconds
> > exten => s,n(restart),BackGround(my-intro)        ; Play a
> > congratulatory message
> > exten => s,n,WaitExten(5)                       ; Wait for an
> > extension to be dialed.
> >
> > exten => 1,1,Voicemail(1001,u)
> > exten => 2,1,Voicemail(1002,u)
> > exten => 9,1,Voicemail(1009,u)
> > exten => 10,1,Voicemail(1010,u)
> > exten => 11,1,Voicemail(1011,u)

[snip]

> Try moving 2 digit extensions before single digit.  I believe asterisk
> matches the first found extension which is always the single digit
> extensions the way you have it

No, the order of "exten =>" entries is not significant in that
respect. There is a page somewhere in the WiKi which describes the
order of evaluation of the dialplan.

A very simple workaround to achieve what you want might be to replace
  WaitExten(5)
with
  Background(silence/5)

I use this all over the place to great success as it prevents the need
for any overly-clever processing of the result of WaitExten.

Cheers,
Steve