[asterisk-users] Marketing 101

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Tue Apr 24 17:04:41 MST 2007

shadowym wrote:

> I have some general questions about marketing.  Lot's of technical info but
> I was wondering how people are getting the business to begin with.  I'm from
> the IT end of things but Telco is quite a bit different.  Is cold calling
> still the way to go or networking?  General stuff like that.
>
> Are there any resources on the web I can search for?  Any suggestions would
> be appreciated.

This depends a LOT on what you're marketing. A service? A product? A
combination of the two? It also depends on who your target market is
what kind of marketing will work best, etc, etc.

Head to the bookstore and thumb through some marketing primers, taking
careful note of the table of contents to see if any of it is applicable
to what you're trying to market. Find something that points you in the
right direction or discusses a similar business model and start from
there. Remember, not all approaches will work for all situations.