[asterisk-users] [OT] OMG Verizon is terrible

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Fri Apr 20 11:57:21 MST 2007

Tim Panton wrote:
> Ah, back in the old days our government privatized the state monopoly
> (BT) intact (attitudes and all).
> As one of the conditions they had to deliver within 6 weeks of order.
>
> So I ordered  a data line to my house (ok a bit obscure in those days, but
> I needed it). 6 weeks roll past, nothing happens. I call BT and ask why
> they haven't installed my line within 6 weeks of order. The guy gently
> explains
> that it is 6 weeks from order being accepted, and they haven't accepted
> mine yet!
> When are you going to accept it ? - About 5 weeks from when we plan to
> fit it!
>
> Hey, at least he was an honest bloke in a twisted system.

I find the best approach is to ignore what's in the publicly distributed
marketing material. If you have a doubt about something that a company
representative is telling you, ask for it to be confirmed in writing. If
they waffle, you know they're having you on.

Next, assume you are in the jungle, and there is no civilisation.
Recruit everybody in the chain as a friend and accomplice. If you have
to deal with the provider often, this is worth the initial effort.

People tend to like food :)

-Stephen-