[asterisk-users] [OT] OMG Verizon is terrible

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Fri Apr 20 10:20:25 MST 2007

On 20 Apr 2007, at 17:10, Kenneth Padgett wrote:

>> I once had to oversee Verizon install a PRI line in Manhattan.  I
>> live
>> 2.5 hours away, but we made the appointment, and I was there, but the
>> Verizon tech never showed.  I made another appointment, and it
>> happened again, and again, and again.  I don't even remember how many
>> times it finally took, but it was ridiculous.  The techs were even
>> lying and saying they came and there was no one there to let them in.
>> They seem to have gotten better in recent years, but they own all the
>> physical lines, and they know it.
>
> Back in the old days, our government de-monoplized monopolys. What
> happened to the good old days when we could just split apart big
> companies for fun and better competition? Blasted FTC for approving
> all these telcom mergers.

Ah, back in the old days our government privatized the state monopoly
(BT) intact (attitudes and all).
As one of the conditions they had to deliver within 6 weeks of order.

So I ordered  a data line to my house (ok a bit obscure in those
days, but
I needed it). 6 weeks roll past, nothing happens. I call BT and ask why
they haven't installed my line within 6 weeks of order. The guy
gently explains
that it is 6 weeks from order being accepted, and they haven't
accepted mine yet!
When are you going to accept it ? - About 5 weeks from when we plan
to fit it!

Hey, at least he was an honest bloke in a twisted system.
Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/