[asterisk-users] [OT] OMG Verizon is terrible

Kenneth Padgett kenneth.padgett at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 09:10:36 MST 2007

> I once had to oversee Verizon install a PRI line in Manhattan.  I live
> 2.5 hours away, but we made the appointment, and I was there, but the
> Verizon tech never showed.  I made another appointment, and it
> happened again, and again, and again.  I don't even remember how many
> times it finally took, but it was ridiculous.  The techs were even
> lying and saying they came and there was no one there to let them in.
> They seem to have gotten better in recent years, but they own all the
> physical lines, and they know it.

Back in the old days, our government de-monoplized monopolys. What
happened to the good old days when we could just split apart big
companies for fun and better competition? Blasted FTC for approving
all these telcom mergers.

Comcast is no better than Verizon. Took them three visits to get my
new home serviced, and I'm still limping along at 3mb / 256k (they
can't tell me why, I'm provisioned for 6mb). Now they're charging me
for DVR service I didn't subscribe too. They're just idiots too.

The only successful way I've found to deal with large unmanaged
companies is to keep calling in trouble tickets, get new techs, and
you'll eventually get one that knows what they're doing.

I personally hate Verizon so much that I've elimitated all my lines
with them, from cell, to home, to business. I refuse to deal with them
and recommend alternative (and less expensive) solutions to all my
customers. It seems to work great, and the only one loosing is
Verizon. They won't have any money left to throw their weight around
with if all their customers leave.

-Kenneth