[asterisk-users] Outgoing CallerID

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Apr 19 07:59:46 MST 2007

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Forrest Beck said something to this effect:

> I thought of maybe adding a key for each extension to the astdb and
> have a Macro query the astdb.  Any other ideas?

   That would work, and is certainly the easiest, since you can bulk-load
the DID -> extension maps via external CLI commands with a simple script.

   You could also have Asterisk do MySQL dips for this information, if the
desire is to administer it from a web-based front-end.  Or if there is
some sort of mathematical relationship between the extension and the DID
range, the dialplan interpreter itself is capable of fairly sophisticated
mathematical extrapolations.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov <sasha at presidium.org>