[asterisk-users] Outgoing CallerID

Forrest Beck jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 12:33:08 MST 2007

Thanks.  I will just use the asterisk database.

This brought up a new question though.

This is what I am using to dial out.  If a key for the phone exist in
the db it will assign it the did specified.  If not, just assign the
main incoming operator number.

I have a new family in the astdb named external_did.  Some entries
look like this:

external_did/2503/9195551212
external_did/2505/9195551213

[macro-dialoutpstn]
exten => s,1,Set(curextension=${CALLERID(num)})
exten => s,2,Set(dbdid="${DB(external_did/${curextension})}")
exten => s,3,NoOp(${curextension})
exten => s,4,NoOp(${dbdid})
exten => s,4,GoToIf($["${dbdid}" = ""]?5:8)
exten => s,5,Set(CALLERID(num)=9195559595)
exten => s,6,Dial(SIP/mspri/${MACRO_EXTEN:1},300)
exten => s,7,Hanup()
exten => s,8,Set(CALLERID(num)=${DB(external_did/${curextension})})
exten => s,9,NoOp(${CALLERID(num)})
exten => s,10,Dial(SIP/mspri/${MACRO_EXTEN:1},300)
exten => s,11,Hangup()

This works just fine.

Now what about my incoming calls.  My incoming calls will be sent from
the telco to asterisk as the seven digit number that was dialed.  So
if I have _X. in my context it will be processed as extension
9195551212.

So is there a way to lookup in the asterisk database a value and
return the key it belongs to?  Because I already have the phone number
in the asterisk database set to each extension.

I know I could just create a new family and add the keys there, like so

incoming_did/9195551212/2503
incoming_did/9195551213/2504

I was just looking to see if I could save myself a step.

This may be where I will need to switch to MySQL.