[asterisk-users] Hardware suggestions for 8-10 lines in the UK

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Apr 19 05:03:18 MST 2007

Hi

I have previously had good success on smaller installations with TDM400P
cards.  I now have a UK customer looking for 8-10+ lines and it seems
like a PRI would be most economical + reliable?

Has anyone here used PRI interfaces in the UK and can confirm that it
works well (using Trixbox for preference?).  I have had some niggling
issues with the TDM400P cards which puts me off adding lots of these in
a single box.  Am I right in thinking that ISDN or PRI will be a better
and more reliable option?

Any suggestions on 2U servers that should work well?  For example the
DELL 2850 seem to lack any spare HD type power outlets which is
irritating...

I also need two internal fax machines.  Can anyone confirm that the best
solution is just some linksys ATA's at the fax end, then switching them
directly down the PRI card?  Is there a better option to guarantee best
quality?  It would be convenient not to have extra analogue lines in the
building if we go down the PRI route...

Grateful for any thoughts

Ed W