[asterisk-users] Polycom IP 501 is displaying wrong time

Crazy Boy crazymoonboy at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 00:50:08 MST 2007

Hello Chris,

Thank you very much for your help. I am getting time now.

Regards,
Chandra.

"Chris Mason (Lists)" <lists at masonc.com> wrote: If your phone is getting its parameters by DHCP from a linux server, add
the NTP server option  to that server:
in /etc/dhcpd.conf
option time-servers             192.168.0.3;

If your phone is getting an NTP server setting by DHCP server, you can't
override that from any setting. I came across this where a polycome 501
was connected to the internet directly and comcast was setting NTP to
10.10.x.x, which was ridiculous. Their tech support could never
understand why this was a problem and would not address the problem
despite repeated calls.

If there is no setting for NTP in your DHCP server, for example if you
have a linksys router for your network, you can set the DHCP server in
sip.cfg and set the offset in seconds. The offset for AST is -14400 for
example.

If you are configuring by web browser, you can set the timezone and ntp
server that way.

--
Chris Mason
(264) 497-5670 Fax: (264) 497-8463