[asterisk-users] Querying channel variables via the Manager API

Earl Terwilliger earl at micpc.com
Tue Apr 17 16:09:54 MST 2007

Hi Lenz,

Why not do it the same way as you do the queue log (for queuemetrics)?
i.e. have a program which captures all events (or certain events), logs them
to a MySql database and then you just query the database.

There are many packages out there that run an Asterisk manager command at
frequent intervals to obtain what they want. To me (as you have found this is
very inefficient).

I have an open source package called Asterisk Event Monitor that has a python
script (ah.. I think you like perl better?  but I like python) that connects
to the Asterisk Manager and logs all events to a MySql table. There are PHP
scripts that show the events and display the status of sip users, zap
channels,etc. but you don't need that. The python script is similar to your
qloader script in that my script grabs all the events and writes them to a
MySql database. Anything you need to see is thus more efficiently extracted
from the database table.

any question about it , holler..

the code is here:

	http://www.micpc.com/eventmonitor