[asterisk-users] Querying channel variables via the Manager API

Lenz lenz-ml at loway.it
Tue Apr 17 14:32:35 MST 2007

Hello list,
we are developing a new application that uses the Manager API in order to
find a set of channels where variables are set in a predefined way. To do
this, we currently send a Status command to obtain all available channels
and then query them all, one by one, fot the status of a certain dialplan
variable. As you can imagine, this gets rapidly pretty tedious as the
number of active channels on a server grows and requires a lot of
round-trips to and from the Asterisk server.

I was wondering if there are more efficient ways to get:
1. a variable as set on all channels
2. the complete list of channel variables for one channel, using standard
manager response block and not reverting to an execute CLI command " show
channel Local/1234 at x "

Anybody has ideas/hints on how to make all this a bit less cumbersome?
Best regards,
l.

--
Loway Research - Home of QueueMetrics