[asterisk-users] Querying channel variables via the Manager API

lenz lenz-ml at oinko.net
Tue Apr 17 16:30:24 MST 2007

Hi Earl,
I was looking for something completely stateless - the problem with the
approach you propose is that sometimes an event gets lost, or not logged
correctly, and an engine like QueueMetrics' contains way too much code to
handle such cases, even though Asterisk's logging facilities are usually
quite reliable....

I was thinking that there must be a way to tell Asterisk "give me a
complete dump of all the available channel information including
variables", as it seems a reasonable query to me :) - of course there are
possible real-life workarounds, like caching a channel's status and
variables and avoiding querying it again and again unless a timer has
expired, but this is of course more complex and a bit less reliable than
just asking for a fresh snapshot.

BTW, I personally love Python, though I'm personally more fluent with
Perl, after 12+ years using it :)

Thanks for your offer anyway - I'll check it!
l.

Home of QueueMetrics - http://queuemetrics.com