[asterisk-users] [Announce] Web-MeetMe V3.0.1 released

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Tue Apr 17 09:52:23 MST 2007

Ondrej wrote:
> Ok I had a chance to test web-meetme 3.0.1 and I have few
> comments here -
> the Makefile for CBmysql lacks procedure that verifies existence
> of /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/conf-recordings directory where the
> conference records should reside.
You are right that this should be documented at least, and part of
The make install process ideally.

> I had to go through .php files to find out where they are
> supposed to be and create the directory manually. Strange
> enough, the recording still does not work and the main web
> interface lack any support for the record files (I would
> expect some link in the past conference list).
There will be a link if the conference is recorded.  I received
a report of the recording option not working just this weekend
and I started Looking for the cause today.  I was out of town for
a week, otherwise I would have gotten a chance to respond earlier.

What version of Asterisk are you using?  I've had recording
working with SVN before 1.4, the 1.4 betas and currently 1.4.1.
*** Update ***
Recordings are tied to a moderator joining the conference at this
time.  I may need to change that based on feedback/requests to
do so.
*** Update ***

> - Active Directory integration works fine, but we should be
> able to gather email addreess for the participant from AD, too
> (avoid using the sql users table if web-meetme was configured
> to use AD). Actually this is still a big mystery to me - how do
> I add participants to the conference using the web-interface? It
> must be done via the web interface as otherwise we have no
> information about the participant except of his channel number.
I've never user the sql option for the user/participant.  It was
contributed by another user of the suite.  Depending on the
technology the caller used to call into the conference you should
have their Caller-id number and possibly their Caller-id name.
What additional Information would you like to see?

> It is very promising project but it needs
> - a better documentation
Contributions welcome.  There is a new How-To up on SF that covers
the installation on a step by step basis.  I've tried to comment
the configuration files to make it clear how each setting works.
Some features have been contributed to the project, and I am sorry
to say that beyond making sure they integrate cleanly, I have not
taken enough time to document their setup and use.  I guess I should
ask for supporting documentation before merging the changes/features.

> - fix the conference recording backend
I hope to have this resolved this week.
*** See update above ***

> - clear the confusion with users/email addresses/mail
> notifications.
More details about what you would like the system to do please...

> If all that works, it would be just perfect...
> Thanks,

> Ondrej

Thank you for the feedback.  I am surprised almost daily how many
people have found it useful.  I did not really expect it to be as
popular as it has become, and I am more than happy to try and
address any problems.

Thanks,
Dan