[asterisk-users] [Announce] Web-MeetMe V3.0.1 released

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Mon Apr 16 23:10:18 MST 2007

Ondrej wrote:
> Ok I had a chance to test web-meetme 3.0.1 and I have few
> comments here -
> the Makefile for CBmysql lacks procedure that verifies existence of
> /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/conf-recordings directory where the
conference
> records should reside.
You are right that this should be documented at least, and part of the
make install process ideally.

> I had to go through .php files to find out where they are supposed to
> be and create the directory manually. Strange enough, the recording
> still does not work and the main web interface lack any support for
> the record files (I would expect some link in the past conference
list).
There will be a link if the conference is recorded.  I received a report
of the recording option not working just this weekend and I started
Looking for the cause today.  I was out of town for a week, otherwise
I would have gotten a chance to respond earlier.

What version of Asterisk are you using?  I've had recording working with
SVN before 1.4, the 1.4 betas and currently 1.4.1.

> - Active Directory integration works fine, but we should be able to
> gather email addreess for the participant from AD, too (avoid using
the
> sql users table if web-meetme was configured to use AD). Actually this
> is still a big mystery to me - how do I add participants to the
> conference using the web-interface? It must be done via the web
> interface as otherwise we have no information about the participant
> except of his channel number.
I've never user the sql option for the user/participant.  It was
contributed by another user of the suite.  Depending on the technology
the caller used to call into the conference you should have their
Caller-id number and possibly their Caller-id name.  What additional
Information would you like to see?

> It is very promising project but it needs
> - a better documentation
Contributions welcome.  There is a new How-To up on SF that covers
the installation on a step by step basis.  I've tried to comment
the configuration files to make it clear how each setting works.
Some features have been contributed to the project, and I am sorry
to say that beyond making sure they integrate cleanly, I have not
taken enough time to document their setup and use.  I guess I should
ask for supporting documentation before merging the changes/features.

> - fix the conference recording backend
I hope to have this resolved this week.

> - clear the confusion with users/email addresses/mail notifications.
More details about what you would like the system to do please...

> If all that works, it would be just perfect...
> Thanks,

> Ondrej

Thank you for the feedback.  I am surprised almost daily how many
people have found it useful.  I did not really expect it to be as
popular as it has become, and I am more than happy to try and
address any problems.

Thanks,
Dan