[asterisk-users] [Announce] Web-MeetMe V3.0.1 released

Ondrej Valousek webserv at s3group.cz
Wed Apr 18 00:26:34 MST 2007

Hello Dan,

> What version of Asterisk are you using?  I've had recording
> working with SVN before 1.4, the 1.4 betas and currently 1.4.1.
> *** Update ***
> Recordings are tied to a moderator joining the conference at this
> time.  I may need to change that based on feedback/requests to
> do so.
> *** Update ***

Please include a note in the documentation for that (and maybe even note
that in the web page for configuring conferences) !! It is really needed.
Also please update the web page of each (past) conference with the link
from where the recording could be downloaded
> I've never user the sql option for the user/participant.  It was
> contributed by another user of the suite.  Depending on the
> technology the caller used to call into the conference you should
> have their Caller-id number and possibly their Caller-id name.
> What additional Information would you like to see?

Also - this is probably again a problem of the missing documentation,
but let me clarify my problem in detail:
If I create a conference, there is a button "email participants". If I
click that button, nothing happens (????). How does the whole email
procedure works? How does the web-meetme gather the email addresses of
the participants? There is no way how to configure participants to the
conference.
My understanding was, that participants are informed about conference
start/end/extended by this procedure. But since there is no way how the
application could find their email addresses, I just do not know how it
should work.
>From the sources I see that it uses SQL database users - but since I use
AD, my users database is empty
> Contributions welcome.  There is a new How-To up on SF that covers
> the installation on a step by step basis.  I've tried to comment
> the configuration files to make it clear how each setting works.
> Some features have been contributed to the project, and I am sorry
> to say that beyond making sure they integrate cleanly, I have not
> taken enough time to document their setup and use.  I guess I should
> ask for supporting documentation before merging the changes/features.

I agree, because without any documentation is the feature de-facto
unusable. I am happy to contribute to the project but at this stage it
is (due to the bugs mentioned above) for me unfortunately still quite
far from being promising. Lot of work has been done, but there are still
some important pieces to be done.
> Thank you for the feedback.  I am surprised almost daily how many
> people have found it useful.  I did not really expect it to be as
> popular as it has become, and I am more than happy to try and
> address any problems.

Glad to hear that :-)
Ondrej