[asterisk-users] Need some dialplan help for obscure user request

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 08:06:02 MST 2007

What's wrong with:

User calls receptionist.... gives her the number.
Receptionist hits XFER on her phone... punches in pin and dials the number,
then hits XFER to complete the transfer?

This could all be done outside a dial-plan... just use the phone's transfer
feature.  If you MUST have asterisk do it, then use the features.conf to
setup blind transfer.  The receptionist can just blind transfer the
extention to the external number.

On a totally seperate note, you've got some other major issues if you can't
trust your employees to keep their LD pins to themseles!