[asterisk-users] Need some dialplan help for obscure user request

J French hikenboots at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 07:12:08 MST 2007

I have a customer who wants their receptionist to input the users' long
distance PINs for the because they use each others pins.  I am having
trouble coming up with a way to do this because of creating a channel
between the user and receptionist, dropping the channel and its variables
and creating a new one for the actual long distance call.  Any advice is
really needed.

1. User Dials Long Distance Number pattern -----------> calls receptionist's
telephone
2. User tells receptionst that he/she needs to make a long distance call
3. Receptionist inputs User's pin from her phone (User doesn't get to know
his pin)
4. Receptionist hangs up and long distance call is dialed using pin as the
account code.

Problems:
1. User Dials Long Distance Number pattern -----------> calls receptionist's
telephone  --- none, that's straight forward
2. User tells receptionst that he/she needs to make a long distance call
--- none, that's straight forward 3. Receptionist inputs User's pin from her
phone (User doesn't get to know his pin)  How can I pick off receptionist's
dtmf digits in the middle of the conversation?
How can I assign those digits to salesman's account code, not receptionists?
 4. Receptionist hangs up and long distance call is dialed using pin as the
account code.  I lose the channel variables at this point, how can I store
salesman's PIN number do that it is available when the actual long distance
number is dialed?