[asterisk-users] Fax with Asterisk + Hylafax

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Mon Apr 16 07:56:20 MST 2007

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:10:34 -0700, Yuan LIU wrote
> >From: Steve Totaro <stevetotaro at hotmail.com>
> >Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:36:15 -0400
> >
> >Stephen Bosch wrote:

> >>It's not entirely clear to me why people continue to cling to the idea
> >>that Asterisk should handle faxing also. What's the benefit? Hylafax is
> >>great, and you can even use it on the same machine.
>
> On same machine is a bit exaggerated, considering there is a Zaptel
> card on it. (But if Zaptel and Hylafax can share an X100P driver ...)

     You can have Asterisk and Hylafax on the same machine when you use
IAXmodem.  This is the way I fax in my office with 99% success rate.  I am
using a TDM04B card for my lines.  I use a software called Avantfax that gives
me an interface to send and receive faxes through a web page.

     I have implemented this solution with several clients and have up to 15
virtual IAXmodem + Hylafax sessions running.

--
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnología