[asterisk-users] Instability on Asterisk

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Mon Apr 16 05:13:44 MST 2007

Frederico Madeira wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have an asterisk box with sip 20 internal extensions and 100 lines
> registered on a external voip provider.
>
> For most part of time, it work fine, but in few moments it act
> ignoring sip packets becouse my ip phones can't register in asterisk
> and asterisk can't register his 100 lines in external voip provider.
>
> I have log's only for external registration error:
>
> [Apr 16 07:14:18] NOTICE[2851] chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for
> 'number1 at sip.provider.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #36)
> [Apr 16 07:14:18] NOTICE[2851] chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for
> 'number2 at sip.provider.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #36)
> [Apr 16 07:14:19] NOTICE[2851] chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for
> 'number3 at sip.provider.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #36)
>
> Sniffing netowork i saw register packets arriving from ip phones, but
> asterisk didn't send response to it, and for external registry i saw
> register sended to sip provider, 401 response from sip provider and
> asterisk didn't start sip digest challenger, it was send a register
> message again without authentication header.
>
> Network connectivity for asterisk was ok during this problem moments.
>
> My asterisk is 1.4.2 with FC6
>
> What can be wrong ?
>
> Thanks.

Why do you believe this to be an issue with Asterisk. What you describe
is this in barebones

YourNetwork&Phones ---> connect ---> SIP Provider
SIP Provider ---> starts handshake ---> Yournetwork
YourNetwork ---> gets ball rolling ---> SIP Provider
SIP Provider ... ignores you

Sounds like you should be ripping into your SIP provider they're sending
you unauthorized
messages which sounds like either they changed something, or you did.

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
sil . infiltrated @ net http://www.infiltrated.net

The happiness of society is the end of government.
John Adams