[asterisk-users] Instability on Asterisk

Frederico Madeira fmadeira at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 05:08:29 MST 2007

Hi guys,

I have an asterisk box with sip 20 internal extensions and 100 lines
registered on a external voip provider.

For most part of time, it work fine, but in few moments it act
ignoring sip packets becouse my ip phones can't register in asterisk
and asterisk can't register his 100 lines in external voip provider.

I have log's only for external registration error:

[Apr 16 07:14:18] NOTICE[2851] chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for
'number1 at sip.provider.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #36)
[Apr 16 07:14:18] NOTICE[2851] chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for
'number2 at sip.provider.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #36)
[Apr 16 07:14:19] NOTICE[2851] chan_sip.c:    -- Registration for
'number3 at sip.provider.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #36)

Sniffing netowork i saw register packets arriving from ip phones, but
asterisk didn't send response to it, and for external registry i saw
register sended to sip provider, 401 response from sip provider and
asterisk didn't start sip digest challenger, it was send a register
message again without authentication header.

Network connectivity for asterisk was ok during this problem moments.

My asterisk is 1.4.2 with FC6

What can be wrong ?

Thanks.

--