[asterisk-users] Hardware requirements question

Ryan Stille ryan at cfwebtools.com
Fri Apr 13 15:07:54 MST 2007

I've read through the Wiki, I know its hard to nail down hardware
requirements because it really depends on what you are going to do.  I'm
very new to Asterisk, haven't even read my Asterisk for Dummies book yet
(its in the mail).

Can you tell me if this sounds sane?  We are planning on using a Dell
933Mhz dual CPU server, with 1GB of ram for our Trixbox setup.  We will
have 7-10 internal phones, and maybe 3-4 max outbound connections at a
time.  We will have some type of menu system for inbound callers.  At
this point I'm planning on connecting to a SIP provider over the
internet for service.  Do you think the hardware is adequate?  If
there's a chance its not enough horsepower I want to find a different
server.

Thanks much,
-Ryan