[asterisk-users] Polycom 501 issue with latest firmware: sluggishkeys - new info

Jessee J Holmes jholmes at atacomm.com
Thu Apr 12 10:29:41 MST 2007

Mike,

Got off the phone with Polycom on this .... I have the same problem
with my new 601 phone here (haven't seen the problem on the 650).

I'm trying to find answers and Polycom's only got one reported case
of this (which I find bazaar, but whatever). The problem was
resolved, the problem was the user was using 1.6.5 configuration
files with the 2.x firmware. Once the user put the config files that
are sent with the firmware, problem went away.

I cannot stress this enough, as minuet or insignificant a change may
appear in the configuration files, or as similar as they look, use
the ones provided with the firmware!

Now, I'm not sure if we've done this ourselves, but I'm having one of
our support guys today looking at it and getting new configuration
files into our phones. I'll see if that resolves the problem or not.
I may not have an answer back until Friday or Monday, but if any of
you guys experiencing this issue want to try as well, be my guess.
Mentioning this now only because this is the information that came
from Polycom support as a resolved problem.

Jessee Holmes
Atacomm / Ataractic Corporation
www.atacomm.com
V: 1-877-700-VOIP