[asterisk-users] wideband codec support

Madhuri Patwardhan madhuri_patwardhan at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 09:57:55 MST 2007

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I had a look at asterisk source file
codec/codec_speex.c and it *seems* like 8 khz is hard
coded in it.

I am interested in wideband codec and as I understand
speex (16 khz and 32 khz) are the only open source
wide band codecs.

Thanks for the wiki link, I will certainly try it. Is
16 khz Speex possible with Asterisk? Has anybody tried
it?

Thanks,

Madhuri

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+codecs.conf