[asterisk-users] SIP INFO message

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Apr 11 09:03:25 MST 2007

It sounds as if the gateway is configured to propogate caller ID number
resolution and CNAM via SIP INFO, while Asterisk expects to receive it in
the contact information associated with the INVITE transaction (i.e.
"From:").

I think the main motivation for doing it this way from the gateway's
standpoint is that CNAM dips can sometimes take additional time, so
it's better to ensure there's a way to send them as a midsession signaling
addition instead of with the initial ring.  But that's just a complete
off-the-cuff guess.

I do not know how to make Asterisk get caller ID that way instead, but I
will investigate and see if I come up with anything.

-- Alex

Alex Balashov <sasha at presidium.org>