[asterisk-users] Verizon-Vonage Lawsuit

Salvatore Giudice Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com
Tue Apr 10 17:15:08 MST 2007

I co-invented that one. It's a good one. A lot of my input went into it, but
the final product was much more general than I was originally led to
believe.

Somehow this patent was slowly changed from "disclosing sip contact center
technologies" to a patent on "using SIP".

The original intention was to do this for disclosure purposes in order
defend against clowns like Katz. However, the company that owns this patent
has since transferred rights to one of their subsidiary IP PBX firms and
eventually they may decide to use this patent for other purposes besides
"defensive disclosure".

I imagine that they could always whip this patent out on competing SIP PBX
companies... It certainly would be annoying to deal with.

Salvatore Giudice
Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com

VoIP Security Training, LLC
http://VoIPSecurityTraining.com

848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #1676
Las Vegas, NV 89107