[asterisk-users] Verizon-Vonage Lawsuit

Salvatore Giudice Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com
Tue Apr 10 17:23:57 MST 2007

BTW, the main problem with these patents is that they tend to lower the rate
of adoption for new standards. Nothing kills a standard quicker than when
someone patents it.

For example, someone out there even has a patent on ENUM:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20060020713.html?highlight=enum&stemming=on

It made me mad that he beat me to it. Roflol... Regardless, this won't help
with ENUM adoption.

Any joker with about $6k per patent and some time on his hands to monitor
emerging standards can easily generate some patent entertainment for
themselves at the expense of others...

So, the question of the day is: "Have you thought about patenting something
today?"

It's easy. I just got a new idea while writing this for an ENUM related
patent that I may pursue at some point... =)

Salvatore Giudice
Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com

VoIP Security Training, LLC
http://VoIPSecurityTraining.com

848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #1676
Las Vegas, NV 89107