[asterisk-users] PRI DCHAN Errors

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Thu Apr 5 13:23:51 MST 2007

Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
> On 4/5/07, Rob Schall <rschall at callone.net> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I had a user complaining of calls which were dropping mid-conversation.
>> I looked into the time of one of the calls, and saw the following:
>>
>> Apr  4 12:13:03 WARNING[6670] chan_zap.c: No D-channels available!
>> Using Primary channel 28 as D-channel anyway!
>> Apr  4 12:13:05 WARNING[6660] channel.c: Avoided initial deadlock for
>> '0x82b8430', 10 retries!
>> Apr  4 12:13:05 WARNING[6660] channel.c: Avoided initial deadlock for
>> '0x82d9920', 10 retries!
>> Apr  4 12:13:05 WARNING[6660] channel.c: Avoided initial deadlock for
>> '0x82369f0', 10 retries!
>> Apr  4 12:13:05 WARNING[6660] channel.c: Avoided initial deadlock for
>> '0x8242968', 10 retries!
>> Apr  4 12:13:06 WARNING[6670] chan_zap.c: No D-channels available!
>> Using Primary channel 28 as D-channel anyway!
>> Apr  4 12:13:09 NOTICE[15466] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of
>> type 'Zap' (cause 34 - Circuit/channel congestion)
>> Apr  4 12:13:11 NOTICE[6670] chan_zap.c: PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6)
>> on Primary D-channel of span 2
>>
>> I have read that some people believe this is a driver problem, which
>> others believe something could be wrong with the PRI itself. I did a
>> zttool and there are and haven't been any red alarms. I also read some
>> people believe this issue can be caused by another card in the box
>> taking too long to respond, such as an IDE card. We have 2 sangoma PRI
>> cards and 1 sangoma FXO/FXS card.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>
> 1) Check the connection between the demarc and your card. Is the cable
> the proper specification?
Yes, the connection seems solid and the cable is alright.
> 2) Have you updated zaptel or wanpipe recently? If you created a
> symlink to /usr/src/zaptel make sure its correct. If its not correct
> and reinstall.
There have not been any updates to zaptel or wanpipe in awhile
> 3) Do you have the correct FE_LCODE, FE_FRAME, TE_CLOCK and TDMV_DCHAN
> in your wanpipe1.conf? Do you have the correct signalling in
> zapata.conf. Do you have the correct span definition and fcshdlc=24,
> fcshdlc=48 (unless those analog ports are defined first!) in
> zaptel.conf
Here is my wanpipe1.conf
[devices]
wanpipe1 = WAN_AFT_TE1, Comment

[interfaces]
w1g1 = wanpipe1, , TDM_VOICE, Comment

[wanpipe1]
CARD_TYPE   = AFT
S514CPU     = A
CommPort    = PRI
AUTO_PCISLOT    = NO
PCISLOT     = 1
PCIBUS      = 1
FE_MEDIA    = T1
FE_LCODE    = B8ZS
FE_FRAME    = ESF
FE_LINE     = 1
TE_CLOCK    = NORMAL
TE_REF_CLOCK    = 0
TE_HIGHIMPEDANCE    = NO
LBO         = 0DB
FE_TXTRISTATE   = NO
MTU         = 1500
UDPPORT     = 9000
TTL     = 255
IGNORE_FRONT_END = NO
TDMV_SPAN   = 1
TDMV_DCHAN  = 0

[w1g1]
ACTIVE_CH   = ALL
TDMV_ECHO_OFF   = NO
TDMV_HWEC   = YES
> 4) Use wanpipemon -g instead of zttool. See if you are getting any errors
Everything is connected and reading okay.
> 5) Contact your telco have them check the line
In order for our provider to do this, they have to shut down the pri.
This could be done at night, but wanted to make sure I had everything
else in place.