[asterisk-users] PRI DCHAN Errors

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 11:45:43 MST 2007

On 4/5/07, Rob Schall <rschall at callone.net> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I had a user complaining of calls which were dropping mid-conversation.
> I looked into the time of one of the calls, and saw the following:
>
> Apr  4 12:13:03 WARNING[6670] chan_zap.c: No D-channels available!
> Using Primary channel 28 as D-channel anyway!
> Apr  4 12:13:05 WARNING[6660] channel.c: Avoided initial deadlock for
> '0x82b8430', 10 retries!
> Apr  4 12:13:05 WARNING[6660] channel.c: Avoided initial deadlock for
> '0x82d9920', 10 retries!
> Apr  4 12:13:05 WARNING[6660] channel.c: Avoided initial deadlock for
> '0x82369f0', 10 retries!
> Apr  4 12:13:05 WARNING[6660] channel.c: Avoided initial deadlock for
> '0x8242968', 10 retries!
> Apr  4 12:13:06 WARNING[6670] chan_zap.c: No D-channels available!
> Using Primary channel 28 as D-channel anyway!
> Apr  4 12:13:09 NOTICE[15466] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of
> type 'Zap' (cause 34 - Circuit/channel congestion)
> Apr  4 12:13:11 NOTICE[6670] chan_zap.c: PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6)
> on Primary D-channel of span 2
>
> I have read that some people believe this is a driver problem, which
> others believe something could be wrong with the PRI itself. I did a
> zttool and there are and haven't been any red alarms. I also read some
> people believe this issue can be caused by another card in the box
> taking too long to respond, such as an IDE card. We have 2 sangoma PRI
> cards and 1 sangoma FXO/FXS card.
>
> Any thoughts?

1) Check the connection between the demarc and your card. Is the cable
the proper specification?
2) Have you updated zaptel or wanpipe recently? If you created a
symlink to /usr/src/zaptel make sure its correct. If its not correct
and reinstall.
3) Do you have the correct FE_LCODE, FE_FRAME, TE_CLOCK and TDMV_DCHAN
in your wanpipe1.conf? Do you have the correct signalling in
zapata.conf. Do you have the correct span definition and fcshdlc=24,
fcshdlc=48 (unless those analog ports are defined first!) in
zaptel.conf
4) Use wanpipemon -g instead of zttool. See if you are getting any errors
5) Contact your telco have them check the line

Take a look at this as well:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+PCI+bus+Troubleshooting I
found it rather interesting.